Saturday, December 29, 2018

My #38 Birthday

Whelp, I'm 38 today.  That's so old!  I had the family packed in the car at 7 am to drive to Utah.  Austin stayed home to lead the ward and do projects.   Maisie let me listen to her playlist.
Mother's glorious kitchen counter was the perfect place for a birthday song.  Their voices filled my soul.
 I ran upstairs to be with Emily and Meg for a few minutes.  Emily and I realized that I am exactly double her age.  I was 19 when she was born, now she is 19.  We're throwing peace signs to represent that double fact.
Every year I hope to grow closer to heaven.  This year gave me ample opportunity to grow towards my Savior.  I had to struggle through my hardest battle yet, knowing that if I didn't make the correct choice (the hardest of the two choices), eternity would hang in the balance.  And so I made my decision, I chose the right.  But, that choice left me with questions that probably won't be answered until I meet my Savior.  So for now, all I can do is hope.  Hope that all will be made right.  After all, He is hope.
(And I also hope that I will never have the same trial again.  Ever.  Ever.  Ever.)

No comments: