This year Austin begged us to stay with him to finish up our holiday -- that was a first. But, I really felt like we needed to go and support Emily as she prepared to leave on her mission to Kennewick, Washington. So we left him, and we really missed him.
Sunday after Emily's amazing talk, we gathered in Mom's great room for lovely food. I took random pictures of the cousins and friends.
She really is an angel. At one point in her talk she said that she's been thinking about a missionary scripture for a year, and had a list of 90 scriptures to choose from. She finally chose Alma 13:22. I'm going to memorize it.
Emily's cute friends.
Natalie was the only sibling missing at the blessed event. We did miss her. And of course, Daddy. We always miss him.
Kylee and Emily are baby whisperers. Bless them.
Loving that cute Kylee Campbell.
Loving that cute Uncle Mark.
Monday morning it snowed! We plowed around the block -- the best winter fun, ever.
Then I had a million returns, so I took these poor saps with me.
Later that day was our New Year's Eve party. The ball dropped at nine, and we danced and ate and played. I love that party.
I came up with the idea to actually take a group photo -- that's quite a group.
Then I found these two chatting. Emily was teaching Meg all about the best things BYU has to offer. I love these nice girls.
Tuesday I found them like this; Meg on Emily's lap singing.
The adults went to all you can eat sushi, as is tradition. This year did not disappoint.
Wednesday we took these cutie pies to a movie (the boys went as well, but I didn't get a picture).
That afternoon Ronnie and I headed up a temple trip. Worth it.
That magical cousin Kylee Campbell is the person I should hire to fill in all the nurturing holes in my world (she's just like her mother).
John simultaneously rocked two of my babies.
More floor time with Emily.
Cousins.
This is our final picture with Emily before she leaves. God will bless her; I know He will.
(Sunday night my BFF came by and we chatted about real things. Although we see each other but once a year, I still think about her often and wish her all the best. She was certainly a highlight.)





























No comments:
Post a Comment