Sunday, August 5, 2018

Summer's End

We have to face reality soon -- MUHS started this week and MVP starts next week.  Lots of places to go and errands to run, but we did swim most afternoons.
 Maisie taught Molly to swim this week.  Molly floats around calling for Maisie.
 We made a mad dash to the outlets for last minute shopping.  We survived.
 Andy started school as a freshman at MUHS.  His only mishap was riding the wrong bus home.  Poor guy.
 I found this haircut that I want.  Maisie told me it would be really awful growing out.  I believe her, so I'd have to keep it indefinitely.  I figure that I'll cut Austin's Saturday night, and he'll cut mine.
 Meg started her senior year at MUHS.  These two are so darling.
 Maisie fills in all the "Molly" gaps.  Just today I watched Molly take a clean rag to Maisie.  Maisie stopped what she was doing to carefully clean Molly's hands, face and dress.
 More swimmers.
 Maisie banded their hair.
 Saturday was the ward pool party.  Austin really cleaned up and it was a huge success.
 Today was fast Sunday.  Instead of sharing our testimonies, Austin gave each of us father's priesthood blessings.  Each of us took a turn sitting in the chair while he placed his hands on our head to bless, caution, and protect us.  But, we did have to wait awhile before he came home.  Ryan took a few pictures of our "worship hour" where we read church magazines and ponder together.

And I finally did something I've always wanted to do -- I typed up their blessings and turned them into bookmarks, so they can reread them daily and understand God's hand in their lives.



No comments: