I trimmed three little neck hairs. Molly's hair looks less like a mullet.
Then I curled it. She did look darling.
Maisie ran for Student Body Vice President. She won! Her posters were darling.
Meg recently needed a passport photo. We ended up in the photo department and Ryan remembered and wanted his picture taken in the same spot. Of course Molly join in.
FHE on Monday night was running and jumping all over the back yard. We all enjoyed the smiles on the littles' faces as we played "Duck, Duck Goose" and "Ring Around the Rosies."
Wednesday both the bigs and middles had cross country meets. Meg and Maisie placed second, Nick placed fourth, and Andy placed near the front of the pack.
Maisie gave her speech in the form of the Spice Girls song. She was brilliant.
Thursday our favorite friend, Cameron Julian, came for a visit. We spent the evening together totally relaxed. It was a special treat to see the man he has become.
Then we gathered around his phone to talk to Karen, my one and only BFF.
Maddie and Maisie both earned the monthly awards at school.
Saturday was another meet for the bigs. We drove to Flag and watched these two compete. It wasn't their best meet, but Austin helped them find some positive take-aways.
Here is our big girl doping up on beets -- just as Grandpa suggested.
This week was my hardest one, ever. I'm struggling with something deep in my soul. I don't have all the answers. But, I did learn that God is love. He sent his son in love. Jesus is his son, and the reason he died for me is because he loves me. They both love me. I show my love for them by loving others before myself. I am happy when I think of others. I become like Jesus when I forget myself and serve. I feel happy because I feel God's love when I serve. God loves me whether or not I follow him. But, I will not be happy if I don't serve and obey. I want to be happy. Discouragement and despair only come when I am consumed in what I want, not submitting my will to theirs.















No comments:
Post a Comment