Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Maisie is a Young Woman

My Maisie-girl is 12!  She danced around all of Tuesday in preparation for Wednesday.  We sang her awake and opened presents.


 She wanted German pancakes and cream for breakfast.  Done!
 She had a track meet in Payson, so the commute was 105 minutes each way.
 She took 12th out of at least 70 girls.  She ran 1.7 miles in 12.36 minutes.  She's fast!
 Her birthday request was a giant cookie for her cake.  Ryan and I made that happen.
 How blessed that Grandma and Grandpa B. were apart of the entire evening.
 Maisie felt especially lucky that her birthday landed on a Wednesday -- she went to mutual for the first time on her birthday!  I sent her with a bag of candy to pass out to all the youth.
Her big present was a fancy bike.  She sure loves it.
Maisie is special because she sprinkles joy in her wake.  She laughs easily, loves completely, and is the first to apologize and move on.  This year Maisie has grown into a lovely young woman.  Her testimony is strong, her knowledge of the gospel is rich, and her love for the Savior is real.  My mother heart grows as I watch this little bit grow.  I want her to stay magical forever.  I am certain she will.

No comments: