Tuesday, February 18, 2014

San Diego

Austin planned the most perfect vacation for President's Day Weekend -- we went to San Diego.
Thursday morning we spent in the car and stopping at scary gas stations.  Luckily the entire afternoon at the beach made up for it.

 Friday -- Valentine's Day -- we ate delicious pancakes and opened a few little gifts.  The rest of the morning was spent at the zoo, followed by an afternoon at the beach.  Evening found Austin and I walking hand-in-hand along the beach, sipping hot chocolate and reveling in the hour together.






Saturday we were off to another state park -- Cabrillo.  An afternoon of tide pools and soft sand finished it all up.




Sunday we attended church and headed to the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center.







Monday we visited Midway -- an aircraft carrier filled with exploration.  Home again that same evening, wondering how I always manage to bring home to same amount of food as I took.



Everyday was a beach day.  Every night was ice cream and the Olympics.  What a wonderful vaction.  5:30 cam around early this morning, consequently, I'm ready to do it again this weekend.

1 comment:

kim said...

How wonderful for your whole family. Well done thou good and faithful mom.