Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me, #30

What a day! This morning we played in the Seattle snow; this afternoon we took the BOEING tour. This evening went to dinner, to the skate deck, and enjoyed birthday cake. I don't mind being 30. What a decade the 20's were: I spent everyday married, 50 months pregnant, 60 months nursing, which leaves 10 months to be me. No regrets. Well, just one. I wish I would have learned more.




(Where is Nick? Nice camera, Austin!)
Oh yes. Maisie said to me last night, “Mom, I am going to give you the best birthday present, ever! I am going to let you nap! I’ll wake you up when it is time to make breakfast.”

6 comments:

Stefley said...

Yay Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that Seattle has been such a fun trip!!

Natalie said...

WOW! If you are 50 months pregnant, and 60 months nursing, I say that you have learned plenty. I think my only regret about your 20s is that I didn't let you nap more. Sorry about that.
I'm really proud of you, and I can't wait to see what the 30s bring. Happy Birthday!

Angi said...

Happy Birthday to my amazing gorgeous friend who doesn't look like she's been pregnant or nursing for any amount of time and posesses more wisdom than many twice her age.

Ron and Rachelle said...

I like how you did all the math...you and Ron and are so much alike! I always ask him my math questions. We thought about you on your birthday and didn't know how to reach you!!!! Just know that we were thinking of you and what a cool person you are! We really have learned from you, so thanks for learning a lot! You are a great mom, good person, full of energy and the life of the party! And we hope you did get a nap! We love you Aunt Colie and wish you the best 30th year ever!!! By the way, do you have a new cell phone? Love the Guymon Goofs! PS the word verification for this is dentis...thought that was funny!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Nic! I am so sad I missed seeing you last week.

The Perry family said...

Happy late birthday!! Hope it was a good one!