Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Secret Wish

Conversation after church -- I stayed home with one sick baby and four healthy children.

Nicole: "Did you miss Brother Petersen today?"

Bishop Babcock: "No, I got to move the pulpit up and down; its always been my secret wish."

Nicole: "How'd you do?"

Bishop Babcock smugly: "I only got a few wrong."

Even though we've been married a year shy of a decade, I would have never guessed that secret wish.

2 comments:

WhitParks said...

This made me laugh out loud. I didn't know this about him either. You would think if that had been the secret wish all along...he would have changed the seating or made it the Bishop's job and just reached over Bro Peterson to do the switching...I am sure no one would notice and it wouldn't distract.

Angela Kahle said...

I feel the same way. I love playing with that box for the program. We missed you today! Hope that Maddy starts feeling better.