Monday, March 2, 2009

Immunizations

Between Andy, Nick and Maisie, 12 immunizations were in order, and I finally had the guts to make it happen. We waited 2 hours for 12 lousy shots. Andy went first, he only grimaced once during his 5 sticks. Then came Maisie, she cried as soon as the nurse came into the room, during her 4 pricks, and afterward she limped to the front desk. Nick was last and only cried when the needles went in. Missionaries came to dinner this evening, and the kids were sure proud of their bandaids.

The entire process left me exhausted, but we did accomplish two hours of steady reading time. It's a good thing I brought tons of books, and it's a good thing I bribed the kids with frosties for being cooperative.

1 comment:

Angela Kahle said...

I hate shots day. You were brave to do everyone at once. That is crazy how many shots kids need these days.