Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The 2026-2027 School Year Begins

Wednesday morning Eddie headed to MUHS as a freshman.  9th grade is very important and matters.  We think Ed is very important and matters.

His little homeschool friends will miss him -- I might have cried much of the day.  I'm offering this nice boy up unto the throws of the world and adolescence.  It's time, though, and I trust that Jesus Christ will fill all the holes I've either created to missed.
Eddie's view -- the other side of the camera. We were all very excited for him.  
Grandpa perched Bea.  She didn't quite pose like even with her fan club cheering her on.
The Armstrongs were gracious enough to spend an extra day so we could drink them up. Grandpa is pretty good at being just that, a grandpa.

I'm not so bad at it either.   Sticky rice had to happen, and it just so happens that Quinn-binn loved it.  I loved feeding her.
Thursday morning Maddie headed to MUHS as a senior.  Her hair wand broked, so Molly and I tore to Walmart and brought one home just in time.  This duo can not be beat.
I mean.
So lovely.  In all the ways.

Off they go. First Day
Molly and me were behind the camera.  I'm glad she's staying right in my pocket.
After a full day of chores, errands and sick Austin, we were ready to celebrate with our annual back-to-school cafeteria feast.  This year was the best by far.  Chicken tendies instead of the nugs.
CFM -- Austin barely moved all day.  His guts and jet lag gave him so much grief.
Friday it was time we went to work.  Lots of math, BOM and reading are the day's special non-negotiables.  Two seemed way less than three, luckily Austin was home to round out our numbers.  
Saturday Maddie headed to the Cardinal's stadium for a press day in preparation for the flag football game she's playing in their stadium in a couple weeks.  32 female athletes were chosen from across the entire state.  We're pretty proud of her.
We spent a couple hours in the pool, several hours doing chores (well, I did), and were able to begin our fast in the early afternoon.
The air track is the new pool accessory.  
It's actually quite fun.
I told the children to catch up in their reading so that we could go to the new spiderman movie.  Most of them did just that.
The one who didn't stayed home to read whilst I sewed the cutest little birdies.
 A new school year begins anew routine and ritual.  It's just I hate to see them go.  Seminary begins Monday morning, and I have quite a bit of pondering and action items to make that happen.

Wednesday was also our 26th wedding anniversary -- which is a good thing because Meg is 25.  We spent the day nurturing and recovering.  I'd say we celebrated in all the ways in Thailand, so the day came and went quite naturally.  Love him.



No comments: