Sunday, November 23, 2025

Thankful Hearts

We pretty much had the best and easiest week of our lives.  Sunday I won Catan.  
Monday my mother sent me this 2012 photo of baby Eddie shopping the Black Friday sales.
Tuesday I sewed little birdies.
Wednesday the break began.  We rappelled in Sedona for much of the day.  The rain from the previous week created trickling waterfalls and small puddles.  The earth gave a great sigh as if her parched lips were finally sated -- I heard her exhale a deep breath.
Maddie gave a great sigh and napped while waiting for her turn.  The children scale up the rocks and plunge down the rocks without any hesitation.
Austin put up Christmas lights this year.  YAY!  The blue and white lights reflecting off the concrete almost looks like we have snow.
Thursday our Thanksgiving prep was measly and minimal.  Molly and I baked Wednesday evening, so just the bird and veg were left. 
Because we had so much time, Molly and I spent the moring creating this centerpiece.

Our honored guests arrived (Grandma, Grandpa and Bobby O.) and we feasted with fatness and tranquility.  The afternoon was spent discussing the similarties between gospel principles and engineering strategies.  I lie not.  I lie not.  I lie not.  Bobby's presentation was interactive and internalized.
After which we ate pie.  Rather, no one eats pie, so Molly and I baked cheesecake and peanut butter pie.
Austins's back needed a quick stretch -- mobility work and stretching seems to have crept into our routines.  We're old.
Friday we skiied for the first time this season.  Delightful.  Our muscle memory proved us well.  Austin and I are much slower than the children -- they aren't afraid to crash out -- but we did make it down a few times before our thighs were on FIRE.
A little bit of leftover Thanksgiving lunch.
Home and in our yard a couple hours later for a bit of football.
This week was glorious because we stayed in a pack and enjoyed lots of games and play.
Maverick Run
Saturday we were asked to sing at a funeral.  "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" was the request, all four verses.  This is my view from the organ -- they watched the BYU football game.
At one point this week Ryan rolled into a cactus and needed minor surgery.  Our resident doctor came to the rescue.
Grandpa B. loves his little friends.  
We love him.
Andy and Becca are spending quite a bit of time together.
He's also working on harder and harder climbs.  His life seems to be evening out again -- his business trips were quite profitable.
This little baby had an audience for her first real bath.  She's growing so big and strong.  Way to go Meg, Elijah, Bea and Winnie.
Nick is thriving in a world of loving and hard working people.  
Maisie and Sister Hill are quite the duo.
Winter landed softly in New Hampshire this year.   It looks good on Maisie.

No comments: