The children made a rather large mud pile from Grandpa's irrigation ditch.
The sunset pink was miraculous.This is the new us. It still seems so small.
Maddie is officially a licensed driver (last post I mentioned this same bit)!
I've been busy -- I didn't a BS in Horticulture from BYU for nothing. My little car plants are so darling.
After Maddie's road test and her in-person registration for 11th grade, I loaded us up and we went to the valley for all the school shopping and a bit of In and Out. The boys minimally moped, and we were blessed to be so successful. So pleased that Maddie is modest and darling.
Austin documented her room and bathroom. Eesh. Why does her mother let her keep her space in such disarray? (Because one day she'll wake up and be immaculate. In the meantime, I'll keep letting Austin wage this war.)
Wednesday the five of us drove to St. George for a Guymon Family Reunion (four families were missing, but the seven that were there had a grand time). We actually stopped to pick up dinner, and that was a real treat.
Each family planned a meal and served a mere 50 people. Glizzy roast was our fare, and we received great reviews.
We spent the morning hours and afternoon hours in the sun and water. We did find shade which was a luxury for sure.

Evenings we spent walking, talking and playing pickleball.
I think the pickleball was the most memorable event. Ashley and Kimmie versed Emily and me. Simultaneously, the other court housed our exact spouses and teams. The four sisters giggled and ran and missed. The four husbands played for real and had just as much fun. My little speaker and stake dance play list hit differently. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! The children tried to kick the moms off, (not the dads), but we wouldn't have it. Tyler told them that it was our turn for once. I tell you what, we took our turn.

Aunt Mary Mayhew passed away Saturday night. We were able to watch her funeral and reminisce about the beautiful ways she added love to our lives. She's the one who gave Natalie and me the duet book, then she would sit and listen and cackle as we on purpose change the key signatures, repeated measures and tried to out-smart our nicknames we gave her. I have two aunts that I know really loved me and knew me -- she was one.
Back in March mother and I visited Aunt Mary in her nursing home. I'm still thrilled we made that happen.
Of course we worshipped in the St. George temple. Utah temples are so convenient. We are happy to travel 12 minutes verses 90 minutes to get there, and we are happy that they know how to accomodate the lot of us.
Ron and Rachelle's family is missing, but here is a picture of a few of us. Time for CMF (We made the cousins come down the stairs again so we could video the stanpede. I started singing and playing my uke, so they knew to come for scriptures.). How much
Andy came for 24 hours -- we loved being with him. He convinced Ryan to hold up his 165 pound frame. Poor, Ryan. He also chatted with Austin in the shade, tubed with me in the lazy river, and went to bed early, because he spent the week in Atlanta on a business trip. He's a goat, a very fat goat.
I had the privilege of sitting beside Emily and her three children in church. Too bad I didn't take my bag of tricks, but luckily I had a bandaid for Wes and peach lip balm for Emma -- she took a few selfies.
And, I might have crocheted yet another succulent -- an aloe vera -- on our commute home while listening to "FollowHim", sacred hymns and general conference talks. Sundays on the road are off while buying gas and stopping for a potty break, but they are so on as we keep the media off and the gospel library running.
Eternal family is the epitome of Heavenly Father's gifts, possible because of the gift of His Son. My parents sure knew what they were doing giving us each other. Life is sweeter and so rewarding being heard and understood by so many siblings. They just get me. I love them -- five brothers and five sisters.

















No comments:
Post a Comment