Sunday, July 6, 2025

Summer Week #7

This week just hit differently.  Our Sunday evening at the grandparents' was simple and pleasant.
Later that night I found Maddie and her friends packing for FSY.
Monday morning we dropped her off at NAU for the week.  "Bye, Mom!" and she was off.  I called her once, and she was way to busy for any communication.  Friday night she called to tell me to pick her up the next morning at 7am.  That was it.  Ergo, Austin and I only had to navigate three children this week -- all of whom are on the same schedule and demandless.  
She did send this.
I was missing Nick so badly, but his picture popped up in the paper again.  That was sweet.
I crocheted this little hanging pot.  It has 30 flowers -- don't let this side angle fool you.
Haircuts for these boys who never comb their hair post water, so they got chopped.
Lots of swimming with each other, friends and bugs.
Inter-squad swim meet found these winners happy.
This happened.  We removed a table leaf.
Baby table with six chairs.  It's a little trippy.
More swimming.
At Jim's wedding I asked Grandma Goodell to teach me how to crochet.  I sat beside her and she gave me a 2mm hook and crochet thread.  I basically held on for the ride.  Her best advice, "It's the tension that will take you six months to master."  She was right.  And yet, I've arrived.  I'm not a master, but crocheting a lace doily was a new venture this week.  I mailed her the OG doily using a $.73 stamp.  I think she'll be most smug on her 96th birthday that I sent her a gift that cost <$.50 in supplies and just over that to ship.   

Two Babcock missionaries represented in the church cabinet.

Updates:

These twinnies have enoigh hair for piggies.  Winnie is tickled.  Bea looked annoyed.  Meg is the smuggest.

Andy-boy turned 22!  He wanted new Nike socks and Renew lotion.  Easy to please.  Andy calls me most days and reports on his progress in all areas.  He's been thinking about working in the temple, as well as attending as a patron each week.  He's just so wonderful.
Peep his standing back flip.

Nick loved his first week in the MTC.  He loves Jesus more and more each day.  Cousin Tommy is there as well.  They run into each other often.


Maisie asked us to pray that just one person would want to hear her message.  P-days are spent at Six Flags, and her happy personality shines in every photo.  She's working hard to stay positive and keep holding on.  We miss her.

Friday I went to a baptism for a new member, studied section 76 with the family and Mosaih 18 with the three children.  I found the connection with all these events on the same day in verse 13 my whole day was summed up.  I believe and trust in a God who validates through scripture and blesses through peaceful ponderings.

No comments: