The cutest bubble braid on the cutest girl.
He's leaving me so soon.Scripture time.
I needed help with a painting project -- these are my boys.
School days are the coziest days.
Nice Molly very generously gave me 50 pound dumbbells.
Girl's Camp Kick-off happened as well this week. We decorated the gym and made so many good things happen in preparation for camp this year. "Look Unto Christ" is our theme and our goal.
Friday was kind of the best date we've had in a very long time. We headed to Phoenix for Maddie's track, but it was suggested that we live a little first. So we did. Temple time is always the best time.
I snapped this picture and even though we look so angry, we were so happy. Austin took me to the outlets and bought me all the little things I've been wanting. He let me browse, buy and score fun new items that really add to my happiness. "Teacher appreciation and Mother's Day" shopping spree was just so great.
Maddie on her way to State.
Those 400m girls warming up.
She spent the year injured, so her race was pretty poor. Luckily, she was very glad to be with her friends for the weekend.
Ryan won another football game. These spectators viewed it from the tree.
Remember my one goal this year? To actually swallow the daily vitamin, well, daily? I wasn't reaching my goal for various memory reasons (either I forgot to take it entirely, or I didn't remember taking it, so I didn't know if I took more than one). Splurging on this nifty device is keeping my goal alive.
I spent three hours organizing the boys' clothing and drawers. I worked alone. Felt like Mother's Day weekend. It's a good thing Austin had already taken me shopping prior to this underpaid and overworked situation.
Molly and I found ourselves home alone with our Saturday chores completed -- so we went to Chipotle. Bussin'.Mother's Day! Nick's long arms made for a pretty good selfie.
Austin saved the day in so many ways. Heaven knows I wouldn't be their mother without their father.
Here's one. He made me a lovely dinner. Maddie decorated the table and Nick bought and wrapped me a box of treats and gifts. Sometimes I want to sell or even just donate them, but most of the time I can see through the hard and really find the joy. Joy in the wonky music. Joy in the stanky car. Joy in the millions of wet towels. Joy in the tease. Joy in the sorrow. It's all because my mother taught me to find that joy. My true joy is found in Jesus. He knows I'm often the worst mother and my tongue is barely tamed, but He also knows that I wake up and try again day after day. It's lovely that me three grown children also know the joy in Jesus for themselves, and Nick and Maddie are proving true to this grand plan as well.
We missed Grandma B. at our celebration, but the Armstrongs and Andy found her in SLC with them. She loves them so much. They love her so much.
Maisie has a new companion, and they are getting used to each other.
"I love Aldi's gluten-free chips -- they're the best chip on earth."
"This ward family is so good to us."
"No one sees my toes, but I painted them anyways."






















No comments:
Post a Comment