The day after Christmas always seems a bit slow. This year I "whazzed it up" with a family service project cleaning out a friend's garage. Good times.
We did stop to play a few games and just sit together.Saturday afternoon Austin and I were the ONLY ones home -- we napped. About three minutes in, we heard a knock at the door and our miraculous moment was dismissed. Here's to next year.
MY 44th BIRTHDAY happened all day Sunday. We were up early for church and presents. My children were especially genereous.
Molly made me a nativity and a special message using popsicle sticks. She's a true fan.
The world was up late decorating for my big party.
We ate a lovely dinner (Molly and I prepared it Saturday afternoon along with my dessert) and they sang just for me.
That's a hot chocolate chip cookies in the bottom of the ramekin served with homemade ice cream. I really out did myself. Happy Birthday to Me
Of course family choir was a MUST -- it's still my favorite activity each week. We sang all the birthday and mother's songs in the primary songbook. That's funny. I'm clever.
Katie and Jared Bliss stopped by with two kinds of fresh cookies and I tried on this new shirt I made -- it's a nod to my faorite series -- "The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lions."
44 is kind of a vibe -- I'm content. The fruits of my labors are so sweet and joyful. I am a child of God, a child of the covenant, and strive to be a disciple of Christ. My husband and I are so happy together, and I have children who love God and love each other. I am me, and that is enough.










No comments:
Post a Comment