Monday, December 16, 2024

A Few Things

 We are so excited to have Andy home for the holidays.  He and Austin watched Eddie take fourth at his wrestling tournament this week. 

Molly spent hours wrapping her gifts she procured at the Dollar Tree.
We've been watching the Choir at Temple Square on byu.tv in the evenings.  The story time messages are all books that we own.  It's really beautiful to hear those stories come to life with majestic music.
We've been in the low 70* all week.  Molly and I rebound in shorts -- or we die sweating.
I crocheted this little crock of holiday flowers.
She also went to the Activity Days white elephant gift exchange.  She gifted a holiday bear, but received a horned giraffe with large eyes -- she loves it.
Maddie braided my hir.
It's almost Christmas -- my cactus is blooming!
Molly and I made this poster to send to Maisie -- we wrapped a box filled with gifts and treats to send to our missionary in Manchester.  Everyone signed ornaments.
Hygiene for all!  Austin's suction actually went down, so we were glad to get in.  He missed three days fixing the problem.  Blast.  
We also finished reading The Book of Mormon as a family this week.  We know that the fruits of the book allow us to live a life in harmony with Jesus and his teachings.  Well, at least we're trying.  "Our kindess my be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe" (GBH).  
I watched byu.tv Christmas shows while wrapping for hours.  Eddie and Ryan rotted.  Nick finished his second Hunger Games book, Maddie napped, and Molly was bored.  I still haven't figured out how to balance all the holiday prep and spend time with the children.  It was one afternoon.  It's fine.
I also laughed way deep down in my belly with Natalie this afternoon.  Ah.  We both needed that.

Maisie's Report
  • "I'm three months today!"
  • "We had a crazy Sunday -- a nixed baptism, an interferring bishopric and the mission president calling to understand it all."

No comments: