Monday, November 25, 2024

To Be Thankful

I prepped most of my feast assignments on Saturday and Monday.  Austin put up the tree and the kids helped decorate when Maisie called.  Of course, football was happening as well.
Andy came to town.  We began our day of thanks playing a ruckus game of flagball: boys vs. girls.  Luckily, Austin was our quarterback, and he didn't keep track of our downs.
Carol brought a charcuterie board that Andy ate most of.
Our morning was the most relaxed, ever.  Austin took care of the meats and veg.  Grandma baked the potatoes and brought the Martinelli's.  Our table was surounded by 15 people and headed by 2 babies.

(I didn't even want to make a salad, so I didn't.  Ha!)
The children were persuaded to sit and eat as long as the adults.  
Then Maddie and her posse performed 8 songs complete with choreography, costumes and lighting. n
We loved it so much.  We ate cheesecake and pie, and then ended the day quietly and with hearts full of thanks."Kick It" Irish Jig "Uptown Funk" "I Gotta Feeling"
Up at 4:30am to head to the Grand Canyon.  The shuttle ride is always the warmest bit.

Sunrise.
We were down to the botton in 2 1/2 hours, and up again in the same amount of time.  We crushed the hike!
Resting at the river.
Maddie's first hike -- she was the first one back up to the top.
Finishers.
More finishers. ''I understimated how hard that would be," Nick's friend, Whitten (the body builder and state swimming medalist) concluded.  I guess it's harder than one would think.

The Armstrongs held down the fort -- Eddie, Ryan and Molly quite prefer them -- and even picked up the ransacked house.
Saturday morning the Christmas decor went up, and the BINGO game went down.  We had never played our favorite game with Elijah before.....How is that even possible?
These two boys showered in 1minute and 23 seconds and the crowd went wild.
Our weekend ended with lots of games -- TENZI cash winners -- and lots and lots of betting on the camels.

 

No comments: