Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Ryan's #10

I am just so glad this nice boy was born to me, his mother.  Ryan is 10!
He's just chill.
Wednesday-morning birthdays are little more rushed, but there is no early-morning seminary, so we weren't too rushed.  We were able to open presents and eat bagel-egg sandwiches rationally.

Once the bigs left, we had a day of school ahead of us.  I only made Ryan read, then I let him use the rest of the day as free time.  He spent it wisely: doing magic tricks, watching a show, talking with Nelsons via computers, and avoiding math and piano.  Solid choices for a boy that's ten.  
Lunch time came, so naturally I set Ed to work.  Ryan wanted Subway -- but we all know that I never leave the house to find food, so we had wraps with tons of meats and veg.  "Mah, okay."  He's kind of always fine with everything.
He did go to Activity Days, so we made cookies together, and he added the sprinkles.
Once the bigs got home, Grandma came.  Nice Ryan wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Chill.  Easy. Simple.  Just like him.  
Grandma came for our feast, but it was rushed, because Wednesday nights also mean church youth group and Molly's activity days.  

Ryan's Song
He wanted an ice cream cake, so I came up with this little ditty -- it's way easier than the rolled cake.
He spent the next two hours without ALL of his siblings.  He rode his dirt bike.
Then!  Austin and I were the only ones home with him, so we played Monopoly.  Twice.  That a a rare treat.
Ryan is a gentle vibe.  He knows between truth and error.  He chooses truth and testifies readily.  

Ryan gets all of his school work done without a fight.  He memorizes piano music so quickly, then rarely looks up to consult the composer.  Ergo, he still doesn't read music, but he memorizes it.  

Ryan's best friends and Eddie and Molly.  He knows how to flex up and stand his own against his older brother that's his same size, but also flex down and tease his sister mercilessly by hiding her favorite stuffed animals.  

Ryan's sport is flag football.  He reminds me of his practices and games, and has moved up into the older league, so he's got some practicing to do.  "I need to run the hill a few more times to get in shape."

Mostly though, Ryan is mine.  He still sits on my lap after dinner.  He sits right beside me during CFM.  He often lays his head in my lap.  He wraps a leg around my leg as we correct math.

He's a goodie, our Ryan.

No comments: