Sunday, January 21, 2024

Practically the Von-Trapps

I spoke in the Sedona ward sacrament meeting, so naturally I asked my children to come and sing with me.  We relearned "Tree of Life" and sang.  (Andy and Austin sat out, and I poorly accompanied.). Ward members were so glad to have a musical number.  Family choir serves us so well.
We're really into peanut butter popcorn.  Peanut Butter Popcorn. 
Sunday night Grandma arm wrestled the children -- she was the winner and giggled.

Best study buddies.
Molly still uses her lunch veg and creates faces.
I baked this pretty little cake with Ermine frosting.  Do it.  Ermine Frosting
TREE OF LIFE FHE: This year was pretty great.  We had a rod of iron and a tree filled with jelly fruits.  The children each took a turn walking to me as I beckoned them to come and partake.  
Evening study.
I baked this sourdough chocolate loaf.  It was pretty magical.  
Molly's crack on the underside of her toe was really bad, so she used the shopping cart as her crutch for a few days.  Cracks are the worst.
School in session.
A seeded sourdough loaf.
Massage moments.
I navigated the ski adventure this week.  Austin had schoolboard meetings, Andy had classes and work, and Nick and Maddie couldn't miss again so soon.  70 miles north is a winter wonderland.  Eddie acted just as Austin would have:  He remembered where we parked the car, he noticed where the shuttle pick up was, he carrried the backpack with lunch, he made sure Molly had all her gear, and he came up with the best plan to ensure that our long waits in line were worth it, "Ryan, let's take as long as we can going down."  Mollly zooms right on down, I slowly make my way.  Once Eddie was waiting off to the side in the tree line -- "Ryan had a bit of a crash."  They wait for each other.

Perfect bluebird sky day.
Saturday was our stake youth Brand New Year.  My presidency and I were in charge of 130 youth and leaders for seven hours.  First we served a two hour shift at the "Feed My Starving Children" project.  Then we went to the Mesa temple for proxy baptisms, 2024 youth theme introduction, games, music and snacks and dinner.  I came home exhausted.  
Ryan played a few football games.  

 Maisie had a fun adventure on Utah Lake.  She writes tons of papers and reads lots of books.  We are excited about her upcoming temple covenants.

Melijah and the babes moved!  They spent the week unpacking and finding their new normal.  The babies cheeks are filling out, and everyone is healthy.  She makes so much milk.

Sad news:  Austin's favorite band is coming to Vegas, but he was busy at football and I was busy in Mesa, so we didn't buy tickets.  We are very, very sad.  

No comments: