Monday, Tuesday and Wednsday this week I dejunked and sifted through years worth of clutter. I waited an entire year to make this happen. Because, I assigned most of my daily maintenance to my children, which left me with about eight hours each day (I still had to go to the bank with Maddie, take the boys to activity days, run to Walmart to prepare for Maddie's party and take the children to get their teeth cleaned -- on two separate days) to make my project happen. Maddie was by far the best subcontractor, but the older dinner crew helped when they were home. I over heard Eddie accuse Molly of his same infraction, "Are you hiding to avoid labor?" She responded, "I don't know what labor is; I'm hiding to avoid you shooting me with NERF darts." I acutally didn't make them work, because that totally ruins my vibe and slows me down. HA! Spoiler alert: It's SO much easier to not included the children and teach them to work.
Here is the finished playroom -- sans a picture of Molly (these were taken in November of 2014, hence Baby Ryan.). "How can this be my playroom? My picture isn't in it." I ordered one the next morning. 
I also took a YouTube tutorial about washing Cabbage Patch dolls, and put the doll bath to the test. This is my doll from Christmas of 1985, and she looks like new. Molly loves her. I love them both.
Twinning poses.Austin was in the paper again. They sure use him as the face of the school board. He's getting used to it by growing a tough skin. I think he's dreamy.
Saturday we deep cleaned the pergola and pool deck. Austin held his annual office party. All of the party conditions were perfect. Food, friends, music, weather and fun made for a lovely event.

Sunday was father's day. We started a restful with a the youngest three, that are not so young any more, coming in to be with us.
After breakfast, CFM, and church we were home to host dinner with for the father and grandfather, a family walk and a few family games.
Molly's bubble braid slayed.
Our nice father and his six youngest. Austin talked with both Andy and Meg today. Just this evening I found Austin with his head down on our bed. He told me he had a list a million miles long. That's just like him -- exhausted from being the best dad in the world. His love for us is proven daily by his work ethic. He's doing just what Andy professed, "When you love the people around you, you work hard." Here is another quote about fatherhood that we found while reading our summer novel, The Trumpet of the Swan: "A cygnet at last! I am a father, with all the pleasant duties and awesome responsibilities of fatherhood."
I'm old and wore a bow in my hair to church today. Dearest Natalie told me that I'm not quite too old for it.










No comments:
Post a Comment