In preparation to hike Machu Picchu, I hiked Mt. Humphries whilst Austin was at work. 80 m/h greeting my arrival at the summit, and I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get there.
AND! I watched a 5 minute hack reel and found something useful. Several of my children have questioned the pool noodles in my boot shafts, but I think it's genius.My bread oven does not heat up, so I watched a few tutorials, ordered a part and fixed it. Nope. It didn't work. I guess I still have to wait for the repair man in THREE weeks. BOOOOOOO!
The clearance racks have now become my friends, since Molly and I have to shop for two babies.
Ron and his four teenagers came to visit for a long weekend. I sure lovehim and his children so much.
Instead of a weekend of screens, we spent our time together playing board games,
trying new partner yoga,
reading for hours,
going on a date,and preparing for our backpacking trip to Indian Maiden Falls.
We started a 7am and hiked deep down into a canyon,
scaled rockes and swam through a frigid stream.
Then we arrived and warmed on the rocks,
only to jump off the cliffs again and again.
Ron then prepared cheese pancakes with the left over pepper jack. Everything was so yum.
We slept in hammocks, some two to a bed.
And when the early morning chill came, we we up and hiked out. It only took us 87 minutes to climb out of the canyon, even Molly kept up.
Once home we cleaned up and feasted, only to spend the rest of the day resting and relaxing.
A quiet and restful Sabbath is always a lovely respit. These three gave their parts in primary.
Home again to more food and games.
Miss Molly's ladybug got lost. We were very sad for a very long time.
First cousin, Todd Walker, and his family came for the afternoon. All the cousins got along so nicely as did the adults. We chatted about all things family and faith.























No comments:
Post a Comment