Monday, April 24, 2023

Spring Finally in Full Swing

I overheard Molly saying to Eddie, "Get off me, you big lug! What's a 'big lug'?"
This week the recess activity of choice was the ponywall trick jumps.  
Maddie and Eddie have this thing about Teslas.  Maddie wanted to show Eddie the one we passed in the parking lot.  
Nick's tennis season is over.  We were all invited to his pizza banquet.  He is improving each game/set/match.  Coaches Conrad and Larry are quite awesome.
Flashing is charming grin and his gang signs.
Spring the perfect season for outdoor school work.
Austin and I decided to hike Bear Mountain.  We did it in the early morning hours.  We mostly hike in silence (so I get a little bored), but he knows that if he asks just the right question, the hike goes smoother for us both.
They build a paint spinner and painted.
A king snake got tangled in our garden.  Maisie was brave enough to pull him out, but we don't think he made it.
We have a little nest of quail eggs in the carrots.  Flat Stanley came to visit, so we put him by the eggs.
Saturday morning was a thing.  Austin took Eddie to wrestle, and I took everyone else to clean the church, to Ryan's football game, and to watch Eddie for a few minutes.  We also went to the post office and Maverick.  It's quite easy running errands, because I leave all the windows down and let that darling 17 year old sister hold down the fort.  That's a far cry from unbuckling four carseats and coralling several little people just to mail a letter.
Maddie mowed the lawn for the first time.  She felt very old.
Then began the pergola jumps.  Eddie.
Maddie.
Look at me!  Look at this!  I tidied up the family room and added new books to the fireplace -- I passively invited all the family to spend a few minutes there.  EVERY person stopped to browse a bit.  Austin was perusing just before family prayer.  I love a good book.

 We heard little from Meg, because she was finishing up her COLLEGE finals/degree.  She kept her 4.0 in college, and several of her teachers suggested her applying for a masters program.  She just wants all the babies.  It'll happen.

Andy reported for seven minutes, "I'm just exhausted all the time, and my acne is bad again."  He had to end the call quickly.  He's in a AP trio, and the other two boys go home in July.  We can fill in the lines to know that he is working harder than he ever has before, but his results looks different.  He now reports the mission numbers, not the zone numbers or the companion numbers.  He wants protein powder so he can work on his gains.  I just might buy him a fancy kind so he can build his gut health back up.  I love to watch him love Jesus.

No comments: