Our weather is still very cold around here. We read in huddled masses yearning to be free from chill.
The sky is lit when we awaken. It's so much easier to get going when the heavens aren't screaming, "It's midnight! Go back to bed."I'm getting old and there is nothing I can do about it. I was hoping a drastic hair chop would get rid of my wrinkles and fine lines. Nope.
Still, I am enjoying thicker looking and healthier feeling tresses.
Nick needed a massive cut as well. Before.
We had a wedding weekend! Weddings wherein I'm the aunt are the best. I get to see all my family, enjoy all the festivities, but not claim any of the responsibility. Austin, our children and I spent two glorious days in Utah with family connected by faith.
The reception Thursday night was a treasure. Melijah showed up in fine form, fine enough that these two alphas were twinnies.
The thirty minute wait in the reception line was a treat -- look at all those family members. Some things just can't be beat -- being dressed up Girl-cousins.
Dentists.
Standies.
Sibbies (plus Austin).
The reception was the only event in which my children attended -- so it was the only day that bows and manners were on display.
Cherie and her girls were the ultimate babysitters all weekend. They navigated every little with gentleness and patience.
Campbies and Soon-to-be-Parents.Natalie, the mother of the groom, was sensational in every way. She glowed and navigated all the expectations of scores of people.
Friday morning my family went skiing. We were tickled that Clayton and Mal came, too.
At grandma's house, this nice grouping of children played cards for hours.
This nice grouping of ladies worked in the kitchen. I stayed home to help with food prep. We accomplished so much as a team.
Saturday morning Mickey and Bethany were sealed in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I ran to the car to grab the wedding party. They were waiting patiently.
YAY! I love this picture of the groom
After the family brunch at the church, we spent the remainder of the day outside hunting for Easter eggs, listening to mother testify of Jesus Christ, and basking in the newness and freshness of spring.
Grandma Goodell was present for all the festivities and all the work. I begged her to plank, boat pose and touch the floor with her palms; she agreed and perfectly performed. Austin decided that she should be an influencer. I agree. It's her influence that created and connected all this family.
Sunday morning -- Easter Sunday -- we attended Cherie's ward with her family. They had seven musical numbers that were so beautiful: Flutes, violins, voices, the organ and the piano filled the chapel with praise and glory to Jesus Christ for his miraculous resurrection (completion of His infitnite atonement). HE IS HOPE!
We made it home just in time to watch my mother and her mother (the widow women) walk into church arm in arm.
We were on our way home again when our tire blew.
This is Austin's fourth time changing a tire roadside. Naturally, I sat in my chair and sent Nick out to help. Sabbath day worship is actually very cozy in the car. My ukulele allowed me to sing Austin every Easter song in the children's songbook. You're welcome.
Home later in the evening, but safe in every way. Today could have gone so badly, but it didn't. I know that our safety and security comes because of His mercy.

Elder Babcock continues to serve and love. He spends transfer days in the airport, weekdays in councils, and weekends with his investigators. He is often tired when we talk (it's 9pm his time, so that's valid), but he doesn't complain, only suggests that he's found even more ways to refine and consecrate his efforts. We love our biggest brother because he represents our Older Brother.



























No comments:
Post a Comment