Monday, July 19, 2021

Monsoons

Missionay Monday is a fun tradition: We read the letters from our current missionaries, whereupon I tear up and cry with delight as their testimonies increase and their work ethic soars.  I want my children to know what a mission really looks, feels and sounds.
Our neighbor brought over a few limbs from his peach tree.  We picked the peaches and ate all of them.  Oh, wow, these peaches were perfect.  Peaches are forever my favorite fruit.
We are enjoying the monsoon rains and cooler weather.  Molly was a wee bit chilly, so she donned her winter parka.
Lots of shade and cooler temps mean lots of summer reading.
I thought my ponytail look especially nice, but it was ruined when I jumped in the pool minutes later.  Worth it.  
Andy came home with these calluses, "I've upgraded my sledge."
Molly kissed his hands.
I'm still baking bread.
Lots of painting and coloring on these rainy days.
Friday night Maisie used her Youtube lessons and gave her siblings slender noses and sleek cheek bones, via highlights.
Saturday morning we prepared for the office party.  Naturally the natural guests showed up.
Party.


That night was the storm of all storms.  Our basement flooded, the rocked landscaping was destroyed, and the culvert filled to the top.  Sheets of rain anwered our prayers, and all things living took a deep breath.
Sunday more storms were due, so the ward came and helped us rebuild a broken retaining wall, cleared the pipes and scraped the driveway.  It always feels so good to be loved through service.  Our bishop ended our meetings after the first hour to prepare for the upcoming storms.


 No Maisie this week.  She's driving Austin to work everyday and home every night.  She sings and finishes the kitchen.  She is happy and nice.

No comments: