Our church youth group spent three days at Lake Roosevelt. Andy awakened on his #18 birthday in a cabin at Lake Roosevelt. We spent the day and the weekend wake boarding, knee boarding and tubing.
I made him a special breakfast.
He napped.
These boys ate it so hard on this run. Andy flew from the tube and crashed so hard.
Insta snap.
Bros being bros?
I baked brownies and had poppers for all the group to sing to our big boy. All six of his younger siblings wrapped gifts and we gave them to him to open there. Andy has such a bright future ahead of him -- if only in the fact that he personally knows and understands the atnement of Jesus Christ. He is working 70-80 hours each week, and therefore sleeps every other minute. Molly kisses and wraps her arms around his neck. Ryan loves to be apart of all big boy games Andy creates. Eddie screams, "Andy's home!" when Andy comes in to shower between jobs. Maddie sits right beside him when he's gaming. Nick's name is taken in vain while they play APEX, but Nick does make Andy's bed and clean up their room without complaint. "I haven't seen Andy at all this week; I miss him," is Maisie's latest relationship comment -- they keep opposite hours. I am so proud of my Andy. He is trying to hard to be good and true in preparation for his mission. This 18th year for him will be one of change and growth -- isn't that that best kind of year?










No comments:
Post a Comment