Sunday, January 5, 2020

Utah 2019-2020

I just love my annual Utah journey.  This year I traveled without Austin, so Meg helped me drive.  We arrived to homemade noodles and soup that Grandma Goodell made.  Delicious.  She taught me how to make those noodles when I was 9 and spent the summer on her farm.
 These cute cousins spent the week together.

 Maisie entertained these cute cousins.
 New Year's Eve was the traditional dance party.  John wins because he bought tons of glow sticks so we glowed.

 Being able to control the music and endlessly laugh is the best part of the night. 
We did sled for three hours Wednesday morning.  I need to have someone send me a picture of that perfect sledding day.
 Wednesday we actually stopped and watched a movie, "Togo."  Mother and Grandma cried, so did I.  We we snuggled and warm and our hearts were filled with the unconquerable spirit of man and his courageous animal.  It was ideal.
 That night was a delightful sleepover.
 Thursday was our annual "Girls' Day."  We always begin at the temple -- Ashley picked up Grandma and me.  Mom served in the temple that day, and we were able to work along side her in the initiatory booth.  Oh, my testimony grew 100 sizes that day feeling of her love for the Lord and His work.  I did the same thing about six years ago when Grandma was working in the Idaho Falls temple = soul filling.

 Afterwards we went to lunch.
 Then came the gift exchange.  I sewed birthday chair covers.
Seriously, receiving 10 glorious gifts is the ultimate gift exchange.
 I love my mother's expression.  Boss Baby is so lucky to have her smile in his life daily.
 Friday morning we went to see Meg's dorm at BYU.
 She gathered a bit of laundry.
 These little darlings made themselves comfortable quite quickly.
 Then, off to sushi -- another tradition.  We eat our $15 and then some.  The company is the best part.
 Our last night Grandma read her favorite books to her posterity.  This is just a small grouping of her 49 grandchildren.  Every person that comes into her presence leaves feeling loved and wanted. 
After a week of feeling the love of family and God, I am changed for the better.  I know where to focus my goals and how to try harder, but I'm not discouraged.  Choosing family is what this life is all about -- choosing to obey so that we can be apart of God's eternal family, choosing to love so that our earthly family knows God's love, and choosing to feel His love is what matters.

No comments: