Only two days of school this week proved to be just what I needed to prepare for our trip to St. George to meet up with the Bells.
Straight hair.
I was so clever and popped some corn for their morning snack. They were more clever and broke each popped kernel into a thousand pieces. They won.Monday night for FHE we set up our Christmas tree.
Ryan and Molly went to Grandma's house to make this darling turkey for an after-school snack. She's the best.
Austin bought be cookies. I found them. I ate them.
I made my first chocolate cheesecake. It was perfect.
Wednesday we drove to St. George and stopped at John's house. Major bonus: Campbells were also in St. George for the holiday. We spent the most relaxing afternoon together. I feel loved and wanted. Sis and her family also make us feel special, like they want us to be by them. That's a good thing, because no one could take their place in our world. John and his family are just plain charitable. They feed and house and give it all to ensure a good time for all. These girls were looking at something. I love being with my family.
I made them turn around.
Then they hiked to the other side of the ravine. We heard them yelling at us.
Nails!
Wednesday night began football. Molly was often Austin's game buddy.
It took less than one minute for us to reconnect with the Bells -- the 14 kids were so lovely together. Thanksgiving day we drove to a Vegas buffet. It was the best.
That night everyone braved the pool. Nope for me.
Friday we spent in Zion National Park. Thank you to Maddie and Vennis who are fourth graders and got us all in free.
Our one group photo = 18 people.
Meggles.
I had never been there before, and I really thought it was lovely.
Saturday was the rec center. These boys were in heaven.
We took the <12 children="" kids="" museum="" p="" s="" the="" to="" while=""> the >12 went to the temple. Both Stoker and Jethro could baptize, so we didn't even send adults.
Our last night together we posed for a few pictures.
Adults.
Then, just like that, it was over. There was no stress, ever. We played and laughed and ate and talked. We drove and hiked and played and walked. We swam and shopped and danced and dropped (into bed). We really love the Bells. Heavenly Father gave me Zsahnae on the first Sunday of our four years in Cleveland -- He knew I needed her. She is still the best.
Molly slept most of our drive home. Bless her. She needed it.
The sunset.
I'm just really grateful for relationships. Loving and meaningful relationships that are eternal.12>



























1 comment:
I didn't even know you were still keeping this blog up. You're the best. We sure love and miss your family. Thanks for sharing with us!
Post a Comment