Monday, June 11, 2018

I Heart Roma

 We made it to Rome.  We found the Vatican from afar.

 Here is our group following Austin to our next destination.  He spent much of his time mapping.
 Piazza Navona

 Pantheon
We're looking up.
 Bernini sculpture -- look how she nurtures.
 Trevi Fountain -- I threw a coin in my right hand over my left shoulder -- we'll be back
 The Spanish Steps -- we sat and people watched -- and maybe stole a kiss or two.
 The same city, a very different view.
 Villa Borghese
 Detail of Daphne turning into a tree.
 Bernini's David
 Lunch!  My favorite pizza the entire time.
 Vatican Museums
 Raphael's "School of Athens"
 Another beautiful family.
 A climbed to the top of the Vatican.  Here is the view.


 Outside again

 Dinner
 Colluseum





Austin knew this quaint little spot where looking through a keyhole, the Vatican was framed.  My awesome camera totally captured it.  But, even better, these two came with us, and we sat in this little park while a violinist played the most beautiful music.

Our final night we meandered around the city streets drinking in the atmosphere, the sunset, each other.

Trevi at night.
On our way home again, and our seats were so close this time.  Finally.  I watched nine hours of movies -- so did he.  All the while I had to stay awake.  I mostly did. 
Seeing these flags in Chicago made me happy to live in the promised land, no matter how lovely our Italy tour was.
Summing up.  I decided that just being with Austin is vacation.  He can take me any where, but with him is where I am complete.  (Oh, we were in the business lounge and they had Italian -- Tuscan -- water.  It all felt like a dream at that point.) 

No comments: