Early this morning our birthday festivities began because Austin needed to be to church by seven. We ate juevos rancheros and the birthday boys opened their gifts.
After church we ate lunch and celebrated with an ice-cream roll cake.
Maisie and I found three candle packs with 14 candles each = 42. But, we couldn't put them into the frozen cake. So, we found a #4 and used Nicks two #1 candles. 4 and 1+1= 42.
After shorts naps for some and a game of "Life" for others, we gathered to play "Catan" and "Clue." Molly helped the big birthday boy win, but not the little one.
Then, lots of visitors came. After a couple hours of chatting in the driveway, we found ourselves huddled under one blanket and graciously Meg took a selfie.
Family scripture study ended the lovely birthday Sabbath.
We went around the room and said things we liked about Nick:
Molly: gave him kisses
Ryan: "I like when we jump on the tramp."
Eddie: asleep
Maddie: "He plays lots of fun games."
Maisie: "He's a good sport. He likes to play the games I make up."
Andy: "He's tough."
Meg: "He's the best sharer in the family."
Mom: "He knows how to check off a list and get things done."
Dad: "He works hard to do the right, but he can find himself in a pickle."
We then went around the room and said things we liked about Dad:
Molly: growled in her deepest voice
Ryan: "I like it when he wrestles me."
Eddie: still asleep
Maddie: "
Nick: "He makes mistakes, but he fixes them right away."
Maisie: "I think Dad is very handy and can fix anything."
Andy:
Meg: "Dad taught me how to work hard to accomplish both big and small things."
Mom: "I like how he sees both sides of a problem and using logic to solve it."
Our boys mean the world to us. Nick knows just when to make Molly happy. He knows how to get his jobs done. Austin knows just how to make everyone happy with his quick wit and pinches. He helps us get all our jobs done. We are blessed they are forever ours.










No comments:
Post a Comment