I drove the 560 miles to Utah without Austin on my 37th birthday. I guess proves that I'm very old and very capable. Once arriving there, we opened presents and ate a delicious dinner.
My song was quite loud and very cheerful with all these happy people singing to me. I loved it!
I managed a little selfie with these peeps, because any picture with a heavy filter is quite welcome these days.
Later that evening Kimmie, Mom and I sewed a bit in her laundry room. We chatted and laughed and cried together. It's so easy to be loved by them.
Saturday was our annual girls' day. We stared at the temple at 5:30 am, then headed to Ashley's for our gift exchange and then to breakfast. Girls that are 12 years or older are invited.
That night we celebrated the new year with a dance party in Mom's great room. We danced, sang, counted down, and felt the burdens of last year fly away with a chance to improve and become better than we were before.
Sunday we worshiped at church and headed to the cemetery for a few pictures. Daddy has been in the spirit world for almost two years now, and I guess I've learned to live with the loss and sadness that comes with losing him. I am so proud to have my name on his headstone/bench, and I even purchased my burial plot right next to him (right where Maddie and Andy are standing).
Many evenings we ate and played games together. Mother has 41 living grandchildren now. When we're all gathered together it is quite a massive event, yet so personal.
I wanted to take a picture of this pillow so that I can recreate it for my bed. Mom didn't know she was in the picture, but I couldn't cut her out, especially since those three hearts represent my love for her. Ok, I would need an infinite amount of hearts to represent that. My love for her keeps growing and growing. Why was I so blessed to come to her? Heavenly Father must really love me an infinite amount of hearts to make that miracle happen.
Mother has a dog, named Dolly. She is a good-nice pup with very lovely manners. She found my legs as the perfect spot the one evening Mom and I actually sat and watched an entire movie.
These cousins were all the same ages. Ashley's is pregnant again, but I don't have a baby to match hers this time. I'm sad by that., but these kids don't seem to mind!


















No comments:
Post a Comment