Many events in this past week or so have proven that summer 2016 indeed gone.
Meg registered at Mingus as a Sophmore.
She and I often outlasted the others in the pool. We discovered that reading without splashing is best.
Maddie painted Ryan's fingers and toes; I thought they were brushing their teeth.30 minutes of daily reading was mandatory.
We invited friends for an adult night swim -- the water was 89* and lovely. We splashed and laughed and didn't worry about drowning children.
These boys watched a bit of Pablo.
Maisie got a darling new haircut.
We really did swim everyday.
Austin helped Nick build with metal parts and screw drivers.
Ryan knows when the mixer is moving to come and eat the beater.
Maisie sang in the school district opening meeting.
Our last swim was a bit cloudy and stormy. After an hour we ended up inside trimming hair, painting nails and ironing clothing.
Our final dinner was cafeteria themed -- Austin's idea. The menu consisted of corn dogs, chicken nuggets, canned peaches, celery, honeydew, and chocolate milk. No one complained.
I will miss my babies.
















No comments:
Post a Comment