Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lovers' Getaway 2015

I can hardly believe it myself, but Austin and I spent an entire week together, just the two of us!  This post is for my daughters, because I wish that my parents had taken more pictures together, especially pictures of their happiness as a pair.  May my daughters and sons find the happiness that we have, as they are obedient to their covenants and marry an eternal companion in the temple, is my fervent prayer.

Monday spent on an extreme ropes course in Flag.  He killed it.  I survived.





Off the the movie.
 Dinner on the town.
 Had to.

Tuesday was spent hiking.

 View from the parking lot.
 View from the snow field.
 Windy summit.
 Beautiful Arizona.
 Wednesday spent taking the Hoover Dam tour.

 Then on to the Bellagio in Vegas.
I found the shade!

 Thursday morning at the temple.  We missed the 9:30 session then waited an hour for the next.  But we did get to be the witness couple, something that we haven't been in a long time.
Indoor skydiving followed.

 I'm that blue blob floating above the instructor's head.  Both Austin and I wanted to go higher....

We totally ate at Giada's!  My favorite was her lemon butter, shocker.
 My darling took me to my favorite store.....
 We visited all the tamer spots of the strip.
 Friday we shopped all morning and found new outfits at SAKS.

 Then we headed to "La Reve,"
 and ate a really big cookie,
 and gelato.
 Saturday driving home.

Millions of kisses and thanks to Grandma and Grandpa B. who entertained, fed and nurtured the children while we were away.












1 comment:

Maurine said...

Hooray, I wanted to see all the pics and hear the details of your getaway. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't believe there is that much snow still on the mountains in Flagstaff. So glad you got a whole week together!