I've probably already ranted about the fact that Mother's Day is on a Sunday. There is only one day in the week in which I do all the duties, because my dear doctor/bishop is at church. All Day. This year, I celebrated myself. Only to awaken to a decorated kitchen and breakfast -- he cancelled his meetings to be home.
This is a close up of the card he wrote to my mother. Nice.
Morning decor.After church with the baby. I bought that corsage. I felt special all day.
But the best thing I did to prepare for today was to switch my perspective and celebrate the day as, "So glad to be you mother today!" I wrote little notes to each of my favorites and wrapped them around their favorite candy bars. So although I still did most of my duties, I did do exactly what I wanted -- tell my children and husband how blessed I am to be in their world!
Dearest Meg,
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You make me happy when you sing, especially songs that you make up.
- You know when to ask me, “What is wrong?” and then you try to fix it.
- You make dinner for the children and babysit them every week.
- You thoroughly clean a bathroom.
- You are patient when I am stressed.
- You make others feel important.
- You love my children as much as me -- you are sweet to your siblings.
- You know how to work hard in your studies.
- You play hard in soccer.
- You are gentle.
- You are kind.
- You smile a lot.
- You share.
- You forgive easily.
- You stay worthy of temple blessings.
- You have your own testimony that you cultivate everyday when you read scriptures, write in your journal, and pray with earnest intent.
I love you because you are my best oldest daughter.
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as daughter!
xxoo
Dearest Andy-boy,
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You love to read books, and you only read things that are appropriate.
- You are never angry when you have to take out the trash, bring in the cans, or recycle.
- You are never angry when it is your turn to help hold Ryan.
- You wrestle with Eddie.
- You laugh easily.
- You understand when someone is sad and try to help them.
- You work hard at school and love to learn new things.
- You practice piano to be obedient, not because you love it.
- You reverently read scriptures in the morning and rarely fall asleep.
- You tease when it is appropriate and stop when it is time.
- You listen to the Holy Ghost and know how to keep your mind clean.
- You have your own testimony that you strengthen everyday when you read your scriptures and pray.
I love you because you are my best oldest son.
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as son!
xxoo
Dearest Maisie -- Girl of my Heart--
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You love to learn about our world -- the glorious world Jesus Christ created -- about water, ecosystems, artists, math
- You sang in choir at school because I suggested it, and you found your own song bird voice.
- You are gentle with Eddie and know how to make him happy.
- You read your life away exploring new books and rereading the old.
- You try very hard to be good and obedient, and you are.
- You know how to sit still in sacrament meeting.
- You keep your baptismal covenants by being a friend to all the girls in your school and church classes.
- You are happy taking Ryan on long walks and rides in the swings.
- You pray with real intent and know that God is real and listening to your prayers.
- You love to help me in the kitchen.
- You create beautiful art.
- You hug me when I especially need it.
I love you because you are my best middle daughter.
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as daughter!
xxoo
Dearest Nicker,
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You learned how to read chapter books by practicing a little bit everyday.
- You know how to work a little bit on your homework, so that you don’t leave it all to the last night.
- You memorize 24 hard spelling words each week.
- You work very hard helping to unload the dishwasher, drying the dishes and setting the table.
- You love to take Eddie on adventures outside, or help him to build huts inside.
- You sing to Ryan and sing in primary. You are a very special singer.
- You are patient watching Andy play devices, never begging for a turn and always being happy.
- You chose to be baptized, and you are learning how to repent and use the Holy Ghost to help you make good choices.
- You always know where we are during family scripture study.
- You keep you room neat.
- You excellent hugs.
I love you because you are my best middle son.
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as son!
xxoo
Dearest Maddie -- My little Kinderdartener--
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You are very brave when you go to school each day without me.
- You are happy playing with Eddie when you get home.
- You have learned how to read books and the scriptures.
- You eat your dinner without crying.
- You awaken happy and let me carry you to my room to do your hair.
- You share your leftover bento food after school, especially your chips and dessert with both Eddie and me.
- You know how to make your bed and do it without asking.
- You love Ryan and help him be happy when he is sad.
- You sing me all the songs you learn at school.
- You know how to use the computer to play Lexia.
- You have a testimony of Jesus Christ and you know that He loves you.
- You fall asleep every night with crying boys in your room.
- You say your own prayer every night.
I love you because you are my best youngest daughter.
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as daughter!
xxoo
Dearest Eddie,
I’m so happy to be your mother today!
I love you because:
- You remind me to read scriptures every morning with you.
- You remind me to exercise.
- You remind me to give you a treat.
- You like two treasure hunts every nap time.
- You choose three books for me to read to you at nap time.
- You were patient when I fed Ryan.
- You like to eat apples for a snack.
- You share your toys at the park.
- You go to sleep nicely and without a fight.
- You like to sing the songs of your shows.
- You play softly with Ryan.
- You follow Maddie around every afternoon when she gets home.
- You like to play playdoh and are happy when we play together.
- You go to nursery nicely.
- You love to play on the swing set in the morning sun.
- You know how to pray and talk to Heavenly Father.
I love you because you are my best son that is 3!
Thank you for helping me fulfill the measure of my creation in my role as mother and your role as son!
xxoo
My Dearest Austin -- Father of My Children -- King of my Dreams,
I’m so happy to be the mother of your children today!
I love you because:
- You are very nice to make breakfast every morning, allowing me to get the children dressed and combed.
- You work hard everyday so that I can buy all that we need to keep us fed, clean, warm, and happy.
- You wrestle with our little boys and toughen them up.
- You mentor our older children and teach them to be patient and kind.
- You take long naps and let me “put you to sleep.”
- You never grumble about a sink full of dishes, a meal that is a little too experimental, or the perpetual bread pans that need to be washed.
- You didn’t make me settle my budget the month of April, though I do feel that is coming soon.
- You take me to the temple to clean, to sing, and to do the work for others.
- You squeeze me and tease me and make me feel like I am your special friend.
- You do all the yard work.
- You buy me two dinners when one is not enough.
- You sing along to music.
- You fulfill your role as father at home and at church.
- You agreed to have seven children, even when you get harassed by everyone.
I love you because you are my eternal help mate and companion in life and pleasure.



2 comments:
You are such a special mother Nicole. I am lucky to just glean a little each time I get to be around you, from your wisdom and expertise in your job as a mother. Those notes to your children were so sweet. I am sure they loved that. What a darling idea. I love the picture of you on Mother's day! You look so beautiful and I love that you bought yourself a corsage, perfect.
Hi Nicole!! Just a note to say you continue to inspire me from afar!! Hope all is well!! Your family is absolutely fabulous.
Post a Comment