Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

We hiked for three hours today.  We don't have a carrier for 18 lb. baby Ryan; I held him the entire time.  Brilliant weather.
 I actually let the children make their own cinnamon breads.  We left a few slices out for Santa (which he added to the breakfast casserole.)

This year our nativity had all the parts with the proper genders.  Seriously, and with only one added guest -- our favorite, Aunt Shelly.  The entire production lasted three minutes.

 The angels.
 The shepherdesses.
 The wise men.
 Joseph, Mary and Little Lord Jesus.
And, matching jammies.  Ed would not be photographed.  Because I only purchased 5 yards of fabric with directional print, Ryan does not have any.
Children stayed awake until after midnight.  Aunt Shelly, the elf, worked hard to earn her keep.  She wrapped 15+ gifts, made the breakfast casserole and cleaned up.  Santa and Mrs. Claus would have been up all night.

No comments: