I hate halloween. I mean, really. Who thinks that pulling a two-year old and holding a 7 month old in the dark past bedtime begging for candy while wondering if sick-o's have napped the five older children because how could they keep with a buddy for two hours, sounds like a tradition that keeps on giving? I don't. I never dress up, so costume is my ability to fake the whole holiday.
Dinner at 4:30, because that's reasonable.
Pictures post-event. Because how could I snap pictures when I was yelling and screaming trying to get costumes on seven children. SEVEN! (Nick's mustache is upside down. Sums it up.) No need to pretend I'm clever. I do that every other day of the year.
The worst part is that I like the candy. Now I have to pretend to have self control and not eat it all while they're at school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL! You are the greatest mother ever! Don't sell yourself short. Halloween is a way to teach our children that they deserve everything they ever want (like bags of candy) for free and with no work involved. They are learning that they can "dress up" and go to any intersection with a "will work for food" sign instead of getting an education and working hard. That's the American way. Way to be the best mother in all of America! All SEVEN learned that tonight! Love you! 364 days before you have to do that again....
Haha! You are my favorite. Boo to Halloween, it is the worst. Dumb candy tempting me today. But your kids look adorable as always, and your table decor is fabulous as always. And I am pretty sure I see some kind of bubbling smoking concoction on your table. You are a cool mom!
Post a Comment