Friday, June 20, 2014

Tolerating Rotteness

I found myself belly laughing on two occasions yesterday -- a habit I've given up, but need to start again.

I came upstairs to find Meg running out of the office and Andy calling after her, "You just left me here to rot?"  You see, Andy and Meg were supposed to be getting their daily chores and tasks done, but were playing on the computer.  It was so funny.  Did Meg really think I wouldn't see her running out of the office, clunking in her Oobies?  Did she really think if I only caught Andy he wouldn't tattle on her?

Then at dinner Andy prayed, "We're thankful Mom tolerated us today."  I did more than just attempt to tolerate, I attempted to nurture.  Attempted.  But at least he noticed I tried.  It was so funny that I had to hold in my laughter until after the prayer.  I think a few giggles escaped early.

No comments: