Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roaming

For about 5 minutes I couldn't find Maddie today. Then I had the inspiration to open the garage door. I found her, buckled in her car seat! (She looks sad because I think she knew the tone of my voice when I called for her.)

How did she open the garage door and get to the car? The dog door, which gives her free access to the great outdoors whenever she pleases. This is the only time she gave me a scare while using her freedom to roam. At least her roaming does not cost extra....



4 comments:

Natalie said...

Ohhhhhh, dear! Wanna borrow our dog crate? You can slip treats through the bars... Love that girlie! Smooches from Aunt Nat

Lyndsey said...

Does she know how to buckle herself?? Could she get out? Poor thing was it hot? Love her wandering. Luke wanders but since out house is so tiny I rarely loose him :)

Rachelle said...

Ha, I wish I had a doggy door door I could escape through sometimes. Wish I had seen the conference basket before conference. Will use it next time!

kim said...

I like your perspective on "roaming." She is a gem and I like it that she is trying some independence from you.... for now.