Saturday, October 29, 2011

Jack-O-Lanterns

We carved pumpkins today. The entire process only lasted about 2.5 hours -- this year we had big kids to help us poke the patterns. I would recommend an afternoon versus an evening to carve. The only true skill learned was that Meg taught Andy how to sign "whatever major loser." He now uses his ASL on Maisie. And wouldn't you know, she just LOVES his new skill. Ah, the memories.



4 comments:

Natalie said...

You guys have the best pumpkins every year! I especially love your five ghouls holding their five jack-o-lanterns.

Rachelle said...

We did it yesterday too! Only it was me trying to do one pumpkin alone with five kids. They are so spooky:) have fun trick or treating!

Clev Clan said...

Fantastic pumpkin carving!!!!

Molly said...

We have been doing one pie sized pumpkin a day for the whole week. I am now down to 10 mins a pumpkin as long as matthew sticks to the 2 eyes and mouth rule. He draws it on paper first and then I do it on the pumpkin. Matthew refuses to touch the guts and get his hands sticky, it looks like your kids have to do the heavy lifting, errr scraping! Is the second week of june good for visiting you?