Monday, April 25, 2011

I've Always Wanted One of Those -- Birthday for Austin and Nick

Austin wanted to camp for his birthday, and Nick agreed. We went to Moab to camp and hike.
Birthday Boys

Camp site

Jelly bean cake

Party guests

Hiking to Delicate Arch (Nick hiked all three miles.)

Delicate Arch

Love the "Kelty" pack

Bouldering (I had to turn my head and look away because Austin helped the kids climb higher and higher. The kids couldn't get enough. They hiked and climbed all over Arches.)

What a time we had recreating as a family!

8 comments:

Plant Girl said...

That hike out to Delicate Arch is one of my all-time favorite hikes to do. I've done it all times of the day, in the rain, in the sun and in the snow. It never loses its beauty.

Looks like you guys had a great time!

I like your hair too -- you look good with bangs. But you always look good.

danielnamber said...

That's Awesome!

Mickey said...

SO fun! I've been waiting with bated breath for this post! It did not disappoint.

Angela Kahle said...

Got to love Utah for hiking and camp outs. What a fun birthday. Oh, I like your new haircut too!

Ryan and Andrea said...

I couldn't watch my kids hike that, either. Scary drop-offs! What a fun birthday!!

kim said...

Three cheers for all of you!

Rachelle said...

oh, so cool! Love your bangs, love the hike, oh, so wish I could be there climbing, it's been years since I was there as a girl. Happy Birthday everyone!

Stacey said...

seriously! we should talk more. we were in Moab the SAME weekend! good crap