Last month I read the more fabulous books. I recommend each of these: the first two are lovely kiddy lit filled with sweet romance, the third is one is which I've wanted to read forever because my mom always cries during the movie (which I've never seen), the fourth is simply the next in a series, as is the fifth.
The Sisters of Bamayre by Levine
The Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) by Rick Riordian
Stalk Lake City a Rhea Jensen Novel
My favorite off this list is the Hale novel -- packed with unexpected twists and sweet romance.
Of all the books I've ever read or will ever read, besides the scriptures, now I'm reading The History of Joseph Smith by his mother, Lucy Mack. What a treasure this book is. I've always wanted an insight into the familial relationships that existed in the Smith home. This book has it all. My testimony of the reality of Joseph Smith's first vision and his sacrifices in ushering the fullness of the dispensation of times has greatly increased. I also feel that studying the life of the Prophet will enhance my holiday spirit, because his birthday is just before Christmas, and I often remember him, but I will honor him even more fervently this year.
P.S. I read all these boos while cruising. Cruises = lots of time to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've been waiting for this list and I can't wait to work on it. I hadn't even heard of this Hale book so I'm glad for the recommendation. Thanks!
P.S. Which version of the History of Joseph Smith are you reading? My favorite is the one done by the Proctors.
Looks like a fun list I will have to conquer when I am done with my degree. Right now I am reading "Invisible Enemies," a book about infectious diseases. Actually it's pretty eye-opening! My list of books to read is growing but it's great when I can get them on disk from the library. See ya soon!
What's with your cell always going to voice mail? I'm starting to get offended! Please call me! :)
Post a Comment