Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rockin' the Rink

After a little research on our skating rink, I found that the first Saturday of every month is retro night. I convinced Austin to dress up and take me skating. We had a blast and actually learned some new tricks -- skating on four wheels (the front two wheels of the back skate and the back two wheels of the front skate), skating backwards, and we are learning how to skate sideways. It's a good thing our tricks need more practice, because we are headed back in May, 50's theme, to once again rock the rink.
 

A special thanks to Stefanie and Jason for finding the fun in dressing up and skating (our little group of four were the only ones who knew it was retro night and dressed up). And to the Perry family for babysitting the kids.
 

 


A final shout-out to all my faithful readers -- join our roller party Saturday May 1st, 7:30-10pm. Ladies wear a poodle skirt, and gentlemen roll the sleeves of your tightest white t-shirt.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Plant Girl said...

You guys always do such fun things!

Stefley said...

WOOT! I can't wait! Do you have a pattern for a poodle skirt so I can get on that? We'll have to have a shipping day in Salina to get all the things we need at hobby lobby! Thanks for the fun! You guys are the best! :)

Angela Kahle said...

You all looked awesome! I wish I knew how to roller skate better. Hope your fam is feeling better.

Stacey said...

you guys look hot!