When Lyndsey and Matt were married in August of 2001, my mom made Meg a dress out of the left over frabric from my bride's maid's dress. She even had enough fabric to make a hat. At the time Mark was 5, and when he saw Meg in her darling dress and hat, he exclaimed, "It's Captain Scallywag!"
Yesterday Maddie wore that same dress and hat to church, and I couldn't help but post Meg and I at the wedding in 2001, and Maddie and I after church yesterday. (Meg was the photographer of choice yesterday, shockingly enough Austin was still at church. Yesteday's events actually escallated into events I am to embarrassed to post.) I really think Maddie looks a lot like Meg, and these two pictures show their similarities perfectly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Captain Scallywag!!!! Oh my goodness that made me laugh so hard. I had no idea at the wedding of course about any of that. Love you guys. Miss you tons.
So much you have been up to since I last peaked. I love you and your beautiful family. We need to make plans to come up and see that new captain at your place. She is a dolly.
Ron wants to borrow that hat!
How darling! Meg is a wonderful photographer, too.
Post a Comment