Friday, September 6, 2024

Maisie's #19

Maisie's 19th birthday was very underwhelming, because life simply had to go on, and she's just waiting for her's to begin.  She begins her mission in just 10 days, so she's just waiting and waiting and waiting.  At least she waits while playing guitar, reading novels, keeping her space tidy, contributing to the family, being a good listener to her older and younger siblings, smiling a lot and most usually being very happy.  We love this girl.
Nick left at 5:40am, so we had to postpone presents and singing until the pm.  
She and I spent the morning at HIGH fitness.  

Then I made her a lovely breakfast.

    

Her one request was to float the river.  We spent 2.5 hours lazily clamboring down the Dirty Verde.  There was priracy on the high seas, mutineers, splashers, hikers, gigglers, rope swingers, boat swappers, sinkers and waders.  The 99*, afternoon shade and cool water sealed the celebration.

A quick dinner in prep and consumption pushed our forward momentum into an evening of Ryan's flag football.
We ate hot cinnamon rolls -- her requested substitution for a cake -- on the blanket and watched Ryan succeed.
Finally, at 8:30pm, she opened her presents.  Mostly she wanted jewelry items for her mission, but sweet Molly added to her stash. 

Sunday I did bake a cake (I accidentally doubled the butter in the batter, so it was very rich) and she finally blew out candles. 
Maisie's Song

 This girls is patient as ever and the queen of everything.



No comments: