Mother Dearest is still in town for a restful day of fasting and testifying. I know Jesus Christ because my mother taught me to love Him, trust Him and strive to become like Him. I told everyone that today.
And, it happens to be Cinco de Mayo, so naturally I pulled out my Peruvian fare and we celebrated with........ smoked ribs. AHAHHAHA! I table was lovely, though.
Usually when Mother comes to town, there are a thousand places to be. Not this time, once State Track was over, so were we. I found us reading aloud and eating sugared nuts. We only had to attend to Molly's dance and one ministering visit. I was tickled to show off my mother.
FHE = coloring pictures of President Nelson's April 2024 talk, whilst listening to him. Tuesday looked much the same as Monday. More reading, chips and little projects.
Like, painting JEEP posters for the Girls Camp Kick-off. She's been training her whole life for this; she's a WONDER!
Tuesday night looked much like all the other nights -- the little boys wander in and visit Nick, then he gives them a little something by which to remember him.
Wednesday Mother flew home. Molly even pined as soon as I walked in the house without her. I finished up camp prep and did that the rest of the day -- missing Mother every second.Because Maisis is back in town, we often exercise. Here we are at HIGH with a few office ladies that she finally convinced to come.
Look at him! Ryan finished he Grade 4 Arithmetic. He just completed one lesson a day, but it took him places. He's very big and very nice.
Before Mother left she helped me lay out a dress pattern and fabric. So, I sewed. Maisie documented her entire dress-sewing journey, so I'll have to get that from her.
Nick's track banquet was delightful. He won the "Most Spirited" award, which suits him perfectly. The pizza was atrocious and the length absurd, but I did bring a large garden salad to share.
Ryan caught a long pass and ran for a touchdown. His tan won, although they are a least a head shorter than the blue guys.
Austin and I spent the afternoon in Flag returning skiis and hiking Mount Elden. It was 3 miles right up and 3 miles right down. We were snowed on and delighted about it. The summit was windy, cold and miserable. We simply flipped a u and got right back on the trail. It's been a while since we went on a proper date, and we both liked being together very much.
This is my finished sewing project -- it has pockets, which are a first for me.
Mother's Day! I was greeted with sun worshippers and lots of streamers and gifts. Austin made the meals and worked the kitchen.
All the children contributed to a pedicure and a few of my favorite treats -- which I promptly ate right after church.
The Armstrongs even sent a card with tiny little hand and footprints.
Mother also helped me sew this bow for my dress -- $.99 later. Worth it. I really think it's fine.
I won the Catan game -- fitting for Mother's Day. Grandma Goodell said she planted 164 onions yesterday in three batches of time. She also reported about her 100 endowment names she performs each year. I never get to talk to Mother, though we texted often and sent plenty of hearts.
We sang all the pink songs in the Children's Songbook. I heard all their voices sing out every word. Yes. I love family choir so much.
Not sweeter than watching my children make and keep covenants and leading happy lives as a result, but close to it are two very sweet mothering moments:
1. As I watch my children love and care for each other -- when they sing like banshees at church, tie-up feet with ropes, suggest punishments, and lie through their teeth.
2. As I watch my children (I'm including E.) love and care for their children.
Truly, these are gifts that will last through eternity.
Meg called to share her best bits. The babies are starting to roll, and they keep to a tight schedule which makes everyone happy.
(I can't upload pictures. I DON'T KNOW WHY!)




















No comments:
Post a Comment