Monday, May 15, 2023

A Week of Lasts

For the first time Austin actually read to me what he wrote to Andy in his email,  "This was a week of lasts."  He then listed a few last events.

Maisie's last day of high school.  (It was "Anything but a Backpack" day -- she chose a cooler.)
Ryan's last football game until January.  (We cooked.)
Austin and I took our skis back to the rental shop, which meant it was the last day of skiing.  
(There is one more, but I don't remember what he told me.💁)
My nice father-in-law gave me an aero garden for Christmas.  The first round of vegetables became riddled with aphids.  Boo.  Blast.  Eck.  I finally cleaned it all up and got the courage to give it another go.  This time I planted flowers.  I decided that I want flowers on my counter during the summer, because the vegetables are all outside.  This picture is exactly 10 days after planting.  Seeing these seedlings germinate and grow confirms to me that there MUST be a God in the heavens.  
There was a massive rain storm that prevented the Father and Sons campout this year.  Instead Austin played in the storm, brought food in and sat to stream a new movie.  We had such a relaxing evening purposefully sitting and being together. 
I spent 12 hours working on YW camp stuff.  My assignments are well underway, and I feel so much lighter.
Selfie at Ryan's game.
Maisie drove these kids to a stake dance in Prescott.  Nick gave the dance an 8/10, and they all came home exhausted and happy.
Maisie spends 10 hours a day on a guitar -- literally.  She strums on the patio, at the dinner table, in the family room and in my car.  She mostly learning Swifty songs.
Austin bought strawberries and heavy whipping cream.  My three youngest an entire quart of berries by themselves.  I let them, because I'm nice, and they are cute.
Sunday morning they played Bluey.  
Sunday evening was seminary graduation for Maisie.
Once again she and Molly talked the entire time in a voice just above a whisper.  Ah!  
Here we are at the close of a busy Sabbath.  We did take the time to watch President Oak's talk and make connections.  I've been waiting for a talk like his my whole life -- one that is strictly the words of the Savior all in one place.  I'm excited to study it.
One evening Austin asked Maisie if she would offer the dinner prayer.  She replied, "Ok.  Sick."  I have no idea why that made me belly laugh.

Meg turned 22 this week.  We bought her mucking boots so she can clean out her chicken coop (They're up to 80 chickens now.)  She's been my girl and apart of my life longer than she hasn't.  Austin and I can't remember our lives without her.  And although we gave up so much of our youth to choose babies right after we were married, we sure were compensated for our sacrifice.  I know that she was meant to be our first, and she's our whole world.  We love her so much.  She continues to shine and smile, please and progress, love and learn.  She's my everything.

Andy didn't call us this week, because he was swamped giving a mission tour to Elder Morrison.  We prayed for him by day and by night.

No comments: