I finished, Nearby, by Elizabeth Yates this week. She quoted Emerson:
"All that I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all that I have not seen." This quote gives a whole new meaning to these weekly posts -- a place where I prove to myself the blessings that I can see via my pictures. Leading to a my quiet testimony that convenant keeping leads me to my loving Savior and Creator, whom I have not yet seen in the flesh, but have seen through relationships in my life.
Sunday afternoon he napped while I studied.
Our best grandparents came for dinner and "The Chosen."They played a card game. Andy napped.
Still, we needed our quiet walk surrounded by those golden skies.
Home again for popcorn and a conference talk.
Monday we had piano lessons. Ryan is improving S-L-O-W-L-Y. I guess starting early gives us lots of time to get better.
Three new books came!
Maddie's intellectual goal was to learn to sew, so she did. Clever little bit.
I spent an entier morning with a puzzle. Maddie did the prelim work, but Maisie and I finished it up. I love a good puzzle, because of the sitting and chatting.
We invited friends to the last day of summer.
That afternoon we called Meg and Elijah. They were in Island Park boating. We watched Meg's new air chair skillz.
Wednesday Nick started alone on freshmen day. He was so excited.
Maisie gave him pointers and planned his outfit.
They played "bandits."
We swim everyday, sometimes twice.
Wednesday I was in charge of the stake activity. Heavenly Father really blessed me. Maisie was the leader of the night.
First day of 11th grade for Maisie.
Junior and Freshman
Molly wrote Nick an inspiring note for his lunch box all by herself.
We spent time reading books and working her new puzzle.
Eddie pranked Andy by putting shoes above the door. When Andy came up, the shoes fell on him, and we all laughed and laughed. So did he.
Friday night was my cousin's daughter's reception. Nice Austin drove me to Mesa and we spent the evening with my Mayhew cousins. It was just so much fun. I love family.
92 year old Grandma Goodell was there in fine form. She's so classy and wonderful. I look tall? Tammy Ann was so happy to see me. I had tears in my eyes, and I spent the night right by her. I really didn't want to leave.
Saturday it happened again -- we were all home to swim and love. I just can't get enough of watching and listening to my children play together. Sometimes it's rough, sometimes it's sweet, sometimes the poor sports arrive, sometimes the gracious winners swim quietly away. But always, we are together getting cancer and basking in our eternal bond that we can't see, but we can feel.
Our nice daddy is a bit of a loner. I have no idea why he still barely joins in the fray.
Our dinner surprise was GOLDEN DRAGON. Nothing like the Chinese buffet managed by the Mexicans. Good food and lots of happy children finished our week.




























No comments:
Post a Comment