Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Maddie's #12

Sweet Maddie's birthday is often blinded by other holidays.  This year it was the wedding.  She was kind and thanked me for her beautiful day -- even though I fell apart and screamed at everyone.  She accepted my apology and moved forward.  What I will remember about Maddie on her special day? I will cherish the mercy she showed me when I needed it most.  Thank you, darling girl.  I love you.
Molly helped her open all her gifts.  I especially liked Molly's card, "To Maddie this is my gift."  Molly wanted Maddie to know that she bought her a gift (Andy took them to Dollar Tree the day prior in preparation.  I love how he does that.)
Just a morning of gifts and songs -- somehow it's always enough.

Photo bombers
Swimming all the hours with Coons cousins that came into town.

We stole away in the afternoon for wedding pedis.  This was Maddie's first one, and we really enjoyed every moment.
Meg also needed a mani to prepare for her wedding.
Another mercy was that Maddie didn't want a cake -- she wanted brownies and THAT I could do.
We just love her.
All of us.
At the close of the day she played her new game.  
Maddie did some big things this year: 

  • She taught herself the entire 6th grade math book.
  • She learned how to do back-handsprings, back-flips, aerials and bar tricks.
  • She began her YW journey.
  • She found the strength of personal daily scripture study, prayer and journal.
  • She perfected several piano songs -- and accompanied the YW.
  • She taught Molly how to make their bed together.
  • She learned how to mix and bake bread, cookies and dinner via Mel's.
  • Every week she attended history class prepared and confident.
  • Everyday she came to CFM with insightful comments.
  • Every moment she loved others and progressed.
  • Her future is bright.
 

No comments: