It's no surprise that we spend three hours every afternoon in our glorious pool. Molly and I find the shade.
We made pop-tarts.They did a really nice job.
More water and shade on Tuesday.
Maddie and Nick balance so well on their surf boards.
We were fortunate to help a neighbor, and that same neighbor gave us $60 to DQ. Our FHE treat included a small blizzard for every member of our family, and we had $3.09 to spare. We were all tickled.
Maddie ombred her nails. I think they are so darling.
Maisie is the best at imagination games. She pulled the lego bin into the family room, and they went to town. Literally, in their lego city.
Austin came up with the brilliant idea to paint garden marking rocks for Grandpa's 75the birthday.
Then Grandma made us a lovely keto feast, and feast we did. Those delicious cupcakes were devoured.
Grandpa sang to himself, it was so great.
Here are the rocks in action.
We worked on this giant poster for hours. I can't wait to see it finished.
Saturday morning we hiked Thunder Mountain. We started at 5:30 am and reached the summit at 7:00 am. The hike was four miles round trip, and it felt so good.
Our view was glorious.
These little ones always snuggle together during a movie. <3 p="">3>
Maddie wanted to take her apple seed and plant it. She found that she needed to shock it in the fridge for two months. Look! It sprouted.
Night swimming is always a family favorite. Meg and Andy trap all the kids in one tube and keep them there. Then they swing them off the steps as sacrifices. Good times.
Everyday I have a progress report that each child must fill out. Mostly we progress, but it's at a slow and steady pace. Although summer speeds by, it seems like our progression is slow. It's easy to think that the little bit of self discipline required to complete those progress reports is worth the hard battle I wage with the children to make it all happen. Everyday I have two to three scholars that make me know that my pleas are worth it.





















No comments:
Post a Comment