We drove to early late Monday morning. This is the drive.
I sat bewteen Maddie and Molly for quite a bit of the way. She had all sorts of things to tell me.
The entire family was waiting for us when we arrived.
The resident baby whisperer never fails.Darling picture of Emily.
I found myself winning a Catan game, then losing it from a trade just before I would have won.
Early Tuesday and Wednesday mornings Austin took the kids skiing. Grandma Ki always had a lovely breakfast for them.
Then she entertained us by the hour.
My dear friends from the ward and school came for an afternoon visit and chat. Oh, it was just delightful to listen and be connected again.
Thursday the 29th -- my 36th birthday -- we drove to Idaho Falls to visit Goodells. Grandma had lunch ready for us, complete with a trifle cake and candles. How sweet to be in her home and physically feel of her love for me and my family. She prays for us daily, and I often feel her prayers and legacy.
Grandpa is 97 and quick as ever mentally, though has slowed down an bit physically. Grandma sure cares for him and they are still so happy together.
We then stopped by the Bells' house. The kids act like cousins, and Zsahnae and I never miss a beat. We can talk and laugh by the hour -- we always could. I've often felt so blessed that Heavenly Father gave me a best friend on the first Sunday we moved to dental school.
We have 14 amongst us.
Friday was our adult date at a burger joint in AF. We've finally realized what works -- meeting and eating at 4:30, so we're home early enough to play games and still interact with our little kids for a bit. Meeting earlier also means there is adequate seating for our intimate group of 16 adults (and the perpetual nursing babies).
Oh, and Friday morning was our annual girls' day. We started at the temple, then off to breakfast and home to Dad's office for the gift exchange. I often wonder why Heavenly Father has taken us and placed us far from our family -- but then I realize it's because I wouldn't need anyone in my community and ward family. I could block out the rest of humanity, because I would be filled.














No comments:
Post a Comment