Wednesday, January 28, 2015

To Do

When I think back about my life as "mother" I'm sure I'll go to this place in time.  Right now.  A schedule filled with bigs and littles, teens and tweens, and a very busy husband.  This post is simply my routine to do list week after week (actually last week), although incomplete. (How apropos because my  to do list is never complete.)
1. Entertain Ed.  We play at least five cards games every morning once scriptures are completed.  He then plays play-doh while I do breakfast dishes.  He's showing off his"Olaf."
2. Weekly dates with Austin to hole in the wall Mexican joints.  Where I pretend that I wear make up and leather jackets.  
 3.  Feed my 18 pound baby all night.
 4.  Attend YW events.
 5.  Feed my same baby all day.
 6.  Look for new recipes to feed the rest of us.  I tried a collared green twice baked potato last night.  Delish.
 7.  Happily talk on the phone to Dearest and dear sisters.
 8.  Make sure homework is complete and correct.
 While keeping these two happy.
And holding this one.

 Keeping him with his nose in books instead on screens.
 9.  Make all sorts cookies and casseroles and veggies.  I was accused in the market for being a juicer!  No siree, I eat all of these veggies.  I think I had one of every thing in my cart.
 10.  Feed this baby until he is sleeping.
11.  Run 3 miles on Saturday mornings.

 Follow it up with yoga.
 11.  Kiss this baby boy all over.
12.  Kiss this big boy all over.

 13.  Make dinner every night but Friday.
 14.  Bathe those little buns every morning.  He told me to find him...he was hiding.  How could I not?
This is hardly exhausting to post because it seems so routine.  Every night I climb into bed worn out.  I love this phase of my mortal motherhood!

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

Your to-do list is amazing, as you are. I am always in awe of what you can accomplish and how wonderfully you do so. You are an incredible mother and wife; Austin and those beautiful children are blessed to have you.

Love seeing the small glimpses into your day like this. I miss knowing about your day to day. So much sometimes it literally hurts my heart. But I'm incredibly grateful for the years we had together at BYU and the friendship that was forged. I too am bless to have you.

Love you, friend.

(And I have those same sheets in rotation on my bed!)